SNAP & Employment Training
Our Food Stamp Employment & Training is a vocational employment program for adults that offers certificate training services, job placement, and follow-up support.
What We Do:
- Workforce training such as customer service, security guard training (including 8- and 16-hour certificates, fireguard training, and a NYS license), home health aide, and/or food service training to gain nationally recognized credentials. Home health aide training is available in English or Spanish, all other training is available in English only.
Employment readiness training including resume and interview support, job search techniques, and professional skills training in areas including conflict resolution, leadership, and timeliness.
Career development including job placement and ongoing job retention and advancement services.
Who We Do it For:
Applicants may be eligible if they are:
- NYC residents who receive SNAP and either
- Do not receive cash assistance OR
- Receive safety net cash assistance (meaning there are no children on the case or the case head has received cash assistance for more than five years)
How to Sign Up:
To enroll, contact
- Esperanza Cruz at 212-822-8357 or firstname.lastname@example.org (English or Spanish) or
- Grey Lugo Rivera at 212-822-8324 (English or Spanish)
To register, please use the contacts above.