Excluded Workers Fund
NMIC offers application assistance for the Excluded Workers Fund. Due to limited capacity we cannot guarantee the provision of services. Support will be provided on a first come first serve basis.
Who We Do it For:
New York City residents who:
- Have lived in New York State since before March 27, 2020 and continue to live in the state
- Lost at least 50% of their income income between February 2020 and April 2021 due to COVID-19 for reasons like losing their job, losing hours at their job, or being unable to work because of illness from the virus
- Did not receive unemployment insurance
- Earned less than $26,208 in the 12 months before April 2021
- Had a person who was the major source of income in their household die or became unable to work because of illness from the virus
For more information on eligibility, click here.
How to Sign Up:
Please be prepared with the following documents. Documents that are not in English should have a certified English translation.
- 2018, 2019, or 2020 tax returns with a valid Individual Taxpayer Identification (ITIN) number or
- W-2 or 1099 forms for tax years 2019 or 2020 or
- Employment letter with dates of work and the reason for no longer being employed or
- 6 weeks or more of pay stubs or wage statements from the 6 month period before you lost income or
- Wage Theft Prevention Act (WTPA) Wage Notice given by employer at time of hiring showing that you were employed in the 6 months before you lost income
- Proof of who you are and where you live (click here for full list of required documents)
Due to limited capacity we cannot guarantee the provision of services, assistance will be provided on a first come first serve basis. For immediate support, call the Department of Labor hotline at 877-393-4697.